The Rad family of E-Bikes is already considered some of the best electric bikes made today. Now, the family is growing with the unveiling of its newest member. The RadExpand 5 is the fifth generation of folding Rad E-Bikes. Previous folding E-Bikes have been very popular, but Rad wanted to take it to a new level. The latest technology is incorporated into the development of this model.
Here are several features that make this E-Bike special:
RadExpand 5 Features
- Folds for Storage – You can keep the RadExpand 5 in the trunk of your car to grab whenever the mood hits you for a little exploring or cruising. This is also a handy feature for apartment dwellers with a small amount of storage space. If you are taking a trip with an RV, just keep it in the back. Unfold it and away you go from a campground or wherever you are parked and easily put it back later without worrying about locking it outside at night.
- Wide Tires – A 4-inch wide tire comes standard on the RadExpand 5 to provide great stability under most road conditions. A smooth ride on city streets or the rougher terrain of a campground is handled equally well with these tires.
- Adjustable high-rise Handlebars – The added feature of the forward and back movement is very helpful to set the handlebars to a comfortable position for riders of different heights.
- Step-thru Design – Riders with limited mobility will find this feature a great help. Getting on and off during a full day of exploring will be less of a strain. The frame is designed for riders between 4’10 and 5’10, but the clever design allows riders over 5’10 to switch to a different seat post for the expansion of longer legs. Maintaining balance while carrying a load on the rear rack is much improved because of the excellent stability.
- Extended Charge Time – A 672-watt-hour battery gives up to an impressive 45-mile cruising distance on a single charge. Added features of the electrical system include:
- Waterproof Connectors
- Powerful headlight with automatic activation
- Taillight powers on with the bike
- 7 Speeds
- Motor – The 750 Watt rear-hub motor combined with a good amount of torque provides impressive power and quick response up to a top speed of 20 mph. There are 5 levels of pedal assist controlled by a dedicated button mounted on the handlebars. A small LCD screen shows battery charge and speed.
- Light Weight – The new RadExpand 5 is nearly five pounds lighter than previous versions. The motor cable has been switched to the opposite side for easier maintenance The saddle has a built-in handle, which along with the lighter weight, makes the RadExpand 5 even easier to carry.
The RadMini Step-Thru 2 has always been a fan favorite and now Rad E-Bikes has expanded the award-winning design to bring it to a new level. The upgrades suggested by fans have been combined in this awesome E-Bike. Controls are basic, but effective to limit weight and provide east folding of the bike without interference. Whether you are just cruising a short distance or plan on longer day trips, this is a handy little folding E-Bike to make biking fun. Rad E-Bikes have a winner with this model.
When visiting Bentonville, Arkansas, please contact OZ-E-Bikes to rent a RadExpand 5 and explore this scenic part of the country. Many unique shops have popped up in this area to explore along with an award-winning mountain bike trail system. Reserve early to ensure your E-Bike will be waiting for you!